Dunedin Consort is one of the UK’s leading ensembles specialising in historically informed performance, widely recognised for its world-class performance standards and imaginative approach to concerts and recordings. We are looking to recruit a highly motivated, confident and enthusiastic individual to join Dunedin Consort as its Production Assistant on a part-time basis (3 days per week).
Reporting directly to Dunedin’s Head of Artistic Planning, the role offers a chance to be involved in a diverse range of tasks across the breadth of the organisation’s output. This part-time post could suit a young person, eager to get involved in project management, or a freelance musician looking to expand their experience in arts administration. It might equally suit someone already experienced in working in the arts and looking for part-time employment in a rewarding working environment. Note that this is an office-based role and, although there is scope for some flexibility around working arrangements, the successful candidate would be expected to use the Dunedin Consort office as their regular base.
- Arranging travel and accommodation for musicians, both within the UK and abroad
- Researching and booking rehearsal venues
- Liaising with concert venues regarding schedules, stage plans and promotion
- Researching and coordinating marketing materials for performances – e.g. printing and distribution of flyers, programme advertising, reciprocal advertising with local groups, forwarding information to like-minded audiences, coordinating special offers
- Compiling performance programme materials – e.g. biographies, artist photos, programme notes, acknowledgements
- Coordinating instrument hire and tuning where required
- Production assistance at performances
- Booking performers where required
- Organising CD stock and floats for performances
- Assistance in managing the library
- Maintaining the organisation’s digital music library and circulating links to practice parts where required
- Tracking and following up expense claims with musicians
- Ensuring the website remains up to date, including uploading reviews, concert dates and artist profiles
- Minute taking at meetings where required
- Tracking enquiries from new performers and assisting with audition organisation where required
- Supporting other members of the Dunedin Consort team – e.g. proofing copy, letter writing, financial tasks – as required
- Assisting with environmental impact reporting and EDI planning
As the role develops and the organisation grows, the Production Assistant may also be asked to contribute to: reporting to Creative Scotland and other funders; assisting with trust and foundation applications; forward planning and programme development.
- First-hand knowledge of the classical music industry, preferably with experience working in an administrative role
- Organised, highly-motivated individual with an eye for detail
- Good communicator who works well with others
- Excellent and demonstrable writing skills
- High level of computer literacy. Dunedin Consort uses Macintosh computers.
- Ability to read music
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise
- Music qualification or performance experience an advantage
- Understanding of historically informed performance practice
- Experience of planning concerts, performances or tours
- Full driving licence
Please send a copy of your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a covering letter explaining why you would like to work with Dunedin Consort and how you believe your skills fit the requirements of the role. Please aim for your CV to be no longer than two pages. Applications close at 5pm on Friday 24th May. Interviews will take place in Edinburgh on Thursday 30th and Friday 31st May.
If you have any disability that prevents you from following the application process as described, please contact the office on 0131 516 3718.
Deadline for applications: Friday 24th May 2019, 5pm
Interviews: Thursday 30th and Friday 31st May
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary: £21,000 pro rata